April 22, 2010

Niagara in 2003

One of my old emails I stumbled across today.... a Travelogue again.. :)

Sent: 28 May 2003 01:26AM

Hi,

One of my many travel dreams came true on Saturday 25th of May. 'NIAGARA' the falls which is much much bigger than my imagination was infront of me in Lights that evening.

Next day We enjoyed the Ballon ride, which takes us to a height of 400 feet. From there you get the best view of the city of Buffalo, Downtown of Torronto and Niagara Ofcourse. I didn't know there were three falls before coming here. 'American falls', 'Bridal Veil Falls' and the famous 'HorseShoe falls'.

We went down the tunnel to the bottom of 'Bridal Veil Falls' and felt the gushing water against our bodies. Thats called the 'cave of the winds' trip which is a lift which takes us 175 ft down to that falls.

We Took the 'Maid of the mist' trip which is the only way we can see the whole Horse shoe from American side. Even in that we couldn't see the middle of the horse shoe because of the mist. I was/am surprised to hear the fact that 'Niagara' is the falls between to lakes, lake eerie and lake Ontario. I am yet to figure out the destination of this enoromous amount of water.

The food was as ultimate as Niagara itself. We went to a Indian restaurant called Taj Mahal. We were treated with hot sabjees made and served at that time, the lightest of the phulkas I had ever eaten (unlimited in number of them) and Basmathi chawal all for $9.95 the food was so good that we had our Sunday's Lunch and the sat'day's dinner there. They had the pictures taken with Govinda and Priety zintha who were there for some shooting last year.

All the while I was missing my entire family of friends (all of you) and especially my wife. Its her dream place too. Hope I can come back here with her and all of you.

One more dream remains to come true 'The Golden gate Bridge' of California.



Bye! Take Care!!
luvY
Pammi..J
Mobile : +91 - 80 - 3185 1791
************************************************

No comments: